Subject: Re: [boost] [predef] Fails on Intel/win
From: Hal Finkel (hfinkel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-12 18:03:25

----- Original Message -----

Technically, Clang is only a frontend, and LLVM is the compiler. Upstream Clang only supports one backend compiler: LLVM. It defines __llvm__ (and I hope that none of the non-LLVM forks continue to do this, but I'm not sure). As has been mentioned, there are a number of private forks of Clang used by various vendors, often with non-LLVM backends (as well as other changes/additions). Here are a few of the public ones of which I'm aware:

Pathscale (http://www.pathscale.com/node/288)
IBM (http://www-03.ibm.com/software/products/en/xlcpp-linux)
Intel (for OS X) (http://llvm.org/devmtg/2014-04/PDFs/Posters/ClangIntel.pdf)

 -Hal