Subject: Re: [boost] [foreach] use of boost_foreach_argument_dependent_lookup_hack
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-14 14:05:14

On 14.07.2015 20:13, Tim Blechmann wrote:

>>> i've submitted some pull requests about this for several libraries, but
>>> some devs prefer to blame qt for introducing pseudokeywords instead of
>>> merging the workarounds
>>
>> The problem is that blaming Qt puts the burden on their blameless users...
>> I'm all for workarounds if they're not overkill.
>
> simply blaming qt is much easier than merging a fix :(
>
> iirc this fix would be needed by foreach, multiindex and flyweight ...
> so definitely no overkill that would help a lot of users ...

I agree that a workaround on our side may seem an easy solution. But in
the long term it is a never ending headache. We have a whole winapi
submodule for similar reason, and I see Apple macros cause pain here and
there from time to time. People just need to learn to stop using such
generic macros - the hard way, if needed. I wonder if the problem has
been reported to Qt devs and what was the response.