Subject: Re: [boost] "Simple C++11 metaprogramming"
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-16 13:35:47

On 5/30/15 9:26 AM, Peter Dimov wrote:
> I've recently made the mistake to reread Eric Niebler's excellent "Tiny
> Metaprogramming Library" article
>
> http://ericniebler.com/2014/11/13/tiny-metaprogramming-library/
>
> which of course prompted me to try to experiment with my own tiny
> metaprogramming library and to see how I'd go about implementing
> tuple_cat (a challenge Eric gives.)
>
> Ordinarily, any such experiments of mine leave no trace once I abandon
> them and move on,

We need a permanent place for stuff like this.

> but this time I decided to at least write an article
> about the result, so here it is, with the hope someone might find it
> useful. :-)

> http://pdimov.com/cpp2/simple_cxx11_metaprogramming.html

This to me is incredible. I worthy successor to Abraham's and
Gurtovoy's MPL book. Clearly C++/11 is going to turnout to be a major
game changer with repercussions beyond what we can imagine now.

But I had a really dumb question. The examples use mp_if< But I
couldn't find the definition of mp_if anywhere. The document looks self
contained - what am I missing here?

Robert Ramey