Subject: Re: [boost] Boost 1.57.0 WinCE support/maintenance
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-17 12:57:33

On 17.07.2015 14:21, Dennis Driesens wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We're porting a software product, which uses boost 1.57.0 to Windows embedded compact 7 . In this context I have a few questions.
> What is the support /maintenance status of boost for Windows embedded compact 7?

There are no WinCE testers running, so basically this platform is
unmaintained. There are some workarounds for WinCE in the code of
different submodules though, so some libraries might work.

> We patched boost 1.57.0, to make it build for WEC7. Is it possible to have these patches included in boost?

You can provide your patches as pull requests against develop branch of
each affected submodule.

However, since there is no regular testing for this platform, it is
quite possible that the code will break again in the future. If you
really want to improve support for WinCE, you might want to consider
becoming a tester for this platform.