Subject: Re: [boost] [string_ref] [utility] Add string_view?
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-18 08:17:12

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 10:43 AM, Marshall Clow <mclow.lists_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> use a typedef for now; and I'll update the boost implementation post 1.59
> release.

I needed the full TS interface to use the basic_string_view template in
generic code, so a typedef would not be useful.

I've gone ahead and implemented the rename, missing typedefs, missing or
changed signatures, updated the docs, and added a new test program to probe
the various changes. The existing code was left alone except fixing a few
cases where something either didn't compile at all or generated warnings.
I've tested under GCC and VC++ on Windows, but haven't run the tests yet on
other platforms.

See boostorg/utility branch string_view on GitHub.

If you would like to update the boost implementation yourself, that's fine
with me. But one way or another it would be very helpful if utility develop
and master could be updated soon after 1.59.0 ships.

Thanks,

--Beman