Subject: Re: [boost] [predef] Fails on Intel/win
From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-22 13:08:12

>> Down to the nuts and bolts question about the Intel compiler
>> configuration. The patch we've been investigating basically looks
>> like this
>
> That's similar to what we do with the CUDA compiler, so yes it's a
> viable option, I would make the changes to intel.hpp and stop
> including common_edg.hpp altogether though.
>
> Also note that there may well be library specific workarounds in place
> which cause different code to be compiled for Intel vs GCC, not just
> configuration issues.
>
> I'll experiment later and report back,

This actually seems to work rather well - I've committed a fix to
develop, but the new code is only enabled for Intel-15 and later as
that's all I have installed at present.

I've enabled SFINAE-expression support + binary literal support under
MSVC as these seem to be working well there, and SFINAE-expression
support enables a lot of very useful code.

Linux GCC emulation I've left alone, even though there do appear to be
several features supported beyond what the underlying GCC version
supports. The compiler also seems to be ignoring -std= flags and just
supporting everything always?

Regards, John.