Subject: Re: [boost] BOOST_NO_CXX11_CONSTEXPR and msvc-14.0
From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-23 17:15:50

Niall Douglas wrote:
> No, it's entirely serious. But then I'm a fan of MSVC and especially the
> team [...]

I get that impression, yes. :-)

> It has the best debugger in the business, and still far outclasses
> anything in the GCC/clang ecosystem

It's interesting you say this. At least one team I was in during my 5+ years
at Microsoft elected to (or in some cases had to) use WinDbg over the VS
debugger.

> It has a totally unique interpretation of the C++ standard

This sounds almost dangerous - like commending a criminal for having a
unique interpretation of the law. :-) I thought we prefer compilers to have
a correct interpretation of the standard.

> It's vastly faster to compile, like 5x-10x faster as it's not an AST based
> compiler like clang and GCC.

This is interesting. Which (preferably public-available open source)
project(s) have you compiled with all three, and what were the build times?

Glen