Subject: Re: [boost] Getting started with Boost
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-08 07:55:40

On 8/7/2015 2:05 AM, Prathamesh Dahale wrote:
> Hello,
> I am Prathamesh Dahale, third year computer engineering student.
> I am interested in contributing to Boost through gsoc 2016.
> I know c and c++, I am familiar with c++ STL and I have very good
> programming skills.
> I participate in many online programming contests.
> my handle on codechef.com is 'miracle003'.
> I would like to utilize my skills for contributing to Boost and I am
> interested in doing
> some project with Boost in gsoc 2016.
> from where i should start?

Boost consists of 120+ libraries. Look at the libraries, find one or
more in which you are interested, understand the code for that library,
and see if you are comfortable fixing bugs and helping to maintain that
library.

Boost is short of library maintainers so if you find a library in which
you are interested and that library needs an active maintainer, you
could be a future maintainer of that library.

Needless to say if you have an idea or implementation for a high quality
library you can also promote it on this mailing list.