Subject: Re: [boost] [http] Formal review of Boost.Http
From: Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira (vini.ipsmaker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-09 11:38:56

vini.ipsmaker_at_[hidden]>:

>> Do you have any preliminary
>> benchmarks that you could share during the review period?
>>
>> Perhaps to:
>> - cpp-netlib
>> - poco
>> - casablanca
>> - proxygen
>>

> I could provide a sloopy benchmark (just static hello world) during this
> weekend

Application: get the host header, get the request uri, concatenate both and
send as reply.

Tested using weighttp -n 20000 -c 1000 -k http://localhost:8080/

https://gist.github.com/vinipsmaker/c2455df44e53bb305ca1

You can see that performance of Boost.Http versus Pion was roughly the
same, but Boost.Http created no extra threads. If I used one extra thread,
I think I could see a speedup. Also, notice that the pion example didn't
log any output to the standard output, while the Boost.Http is printing
everything that happens.

There is also the POCO test. I'd say the performance is promising.

--
Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira
https://about.me/vinipsmaker