Subject: Re: [boost] [http] Formal review of Boost.Http
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-11 14:29:41

On 8 Aug 2015 at 10:48, Robert Ramey wrote:

> g) We had a meeting about this at C++Now and a weak consensus was
> reached that we should be looking to evolve Boost Web Presence. Michael
> Caisse generously agreed to lend resources of his organization to help
> with this effort. It seems that his attempts to move in this direction
> have been stymied due to forces beyond his control. I would like to see
> progress on this front.

My memory was this was actually a strong unaminous consensus. The
only benefits of the current setup of static HTML and Trac is it is
virtually impossible to hack into, and therefore the maintenance cost
is very low - so low we've lost root access because nobody needed
root access for so long. I remember strongly advocating that any
alternative to the existing setup needed support and maintenance
costs factored into the decision matrix, and I had understood that
was exactly what Michael was going to go investigate so he could give
us some options.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting