Subject: Re: [boost] [core] Determining interest for two new classes: readonly and newtype
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-17 19:37:53

On 18 August 2015 at 00:31, Sam Kellett <samkellett_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> You could take a look at the proposal for Opaque types [1].
> >

> this is nice. definitely solves the same problem. do you have any idea on
> the status of that paper? the link is 2013, but i know that doesn't mean
> much.. is it c++17 expected or later (or ever, atm)?

I did some research while reading this discussion:
 - N3515 was updated as N3747
http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2013/n3741.pdf
 - Both were reviewed in the Chicago meeting in 2013, see item 52
http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2014/n4206.html#52
   "author encouraged to pursue the idea further with revised papers."
 - There is no public trace from any related paper since then (that I could
find). The author seem to be focused on a lot of different subjects, for
example
    search for Walter Brown in this page (2015 papers so far) :
http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2015/
    So he might have stopped improving the proposal to focus on these.

Maybe you could see with Walter Brown if he did some more unpublished work
on this subject.