Subject: [boost] [iterator] Regenerating the iterator docs
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-24 14:06:40

I have updated a very small portion of the iterator docs and now I need
to regenerate the documentation. Evidently despite iterator having
quickbook documentation the actual documentation presented to end-users
is created from RST files, python scripts, and make files. But I do not
see the process of regenerating the docs explained anywhere so I am
wondering if anyone knows how to do it.

I tried 'python generate.py' on Windows but this led to the error:

> make counting_iterator.html facade-and-adaptor.html filter_iterator.html functio
> n_input_iterator.html function_output_iterator.html index.html indirect_iterator
> .html pointee.html iterator_adaptor.html iterator_facade.html new-iter-concepts.
> html permutation_iterator.html reverse_iterator.html transform_iterator.html zip
> _iterator.html iterator_archetypes.html iterator_concepts.html iterator_traits.h
> tml counting_iterator.pdf facade-and-adaptor.pdf filter_iterator.pdf function_in
> put_iterator.pdf function_output_iterator.pdf index.pdf indirect_iterator.pdf po
> intee.pdf iterator_adaptor.pdf iterator_facade.pdf new-iter-concepts.pdf permuta
> tion_iterator.pdf reverse_iterator.pdf transform_iterator.pdf zip_iterator.pdf i
> terator_archetypes.pdf iterator_concepts.pdf iterator_traits.pdf
> executing: 'make counting_iterator.html facade-and-adaptor.html filter_iterator
> .html function_input_iterator.html function_output_iterator.html index.html indi
> rect_iterator.html pointee.html iterator_adaptor.html iterator_facade.html new-i
> ter-concepts.html permutation_iterator.html reverse_iterator.html transform_iter
> ator.html zip_iterator.html iterator_archetypes.html iterator_concepts.html iter
> ator_traits.html counting_iterator.pdf facade-and-adaptor.pdf filter_iterator.pd
> f function_input_iterator.pdf function_output_iterator.pdf index.pdf indirect_it
> erator.pdf pointee.pdf iterator_adaptor.pdf iterator_facade.pdf new-iter-concept
> s.pdf permutation_iterator.pdf reverse_iterator.pdf transform_iterator.pdf zip_i
> terator.pdf iterator_archetypes.pdf iterator_concepts.pdf iterator_traits.pdf'
> make: Nothing to be done for `counting_iterator.html'.
> make: Nothing to be done for `facade-and-adaptor.html'.
> make: Nothing to be done for `filter_iterator.html'.
> make: Nothing to be done for `function_input_iterator.html'.
> make: Nothing to be done for `function_output_iterator.html'.
> make: Nothing to be done for `index.html'.
> make: Nothing to be done for `indirect_iterator.html'.
> make: Nothing to be done for `pointee.html'.
> make: Nothing to be done for `iterator_adaptor.html'.
> make: Nothing to be done for `iterator_facade.html'.
> make: Nothing to be done for `new-iter-concepts.html'.
> make: Nothing to be done for `permutation_iterator.html'.
> make: Nothing to be done for `reverse_iterator.html'.
> make: Nothing to be done for `transform_iterator.html'.
> make: Nothing to be done for `zip_iterator.html'.
> make: Nothing to be done for `iterator_archetypes.html'.
> make: Nothing to be done for `iterator_concepts.html'.
> make: Nothing to be done for `iterator_traits.html'.
> make: Nothing to be done for `counting_iterator.pdf'.
> make: Nothing to be done for `facade-and-adaptor.pdf'.
> make: Nothing to be done for `filter_iterator.pdf'.
> make: *** No rule to make target `function_input_iterator.pdf'. Stop.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "generate.py", line 30, in <module>
> syscmd('make %s' % ' '.join(all))
> [...]

Is this process only successful under Linux ? I have a 'make' as the
GnuWin32 package installed on Windows. But something is missing in this
process.