Subject: Re: [boost] Request for help in porting colony to boost from experienced container boost dev
From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-28 19:26:42

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015, [Matt] wrote:
> I do understand the issue and want to address it, so to be clear, you are
> talking about wrapping the following and other rebinds:

Yes.

> I get that using allocator_traits seems to be the preferred C++11 way of
> doing things but I don't know why?

It's because a conforming C++11 custom allocator does not need to
provide certain members. it is designed to be used through
std::allocator_traits which will infer those members from what the
allocator does provide.

> Also can I use boost::allocator_traits to do the same thing in
> C++0x-friendly code?

Yes. :-) boost::allocator_traits is a perfectly reasonable way to have
the same thing in C++03 friendly code.

Best,
Glen