Subject: Re: [boost] Monad (was: Re: [Boost-users] [afio] Formal review of Boost.AFIO)
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-28 20:35:14

On 28 Aug 2015 at 12:02, Giovanni Piero Deretta wrote:

> > > Could you show us a custom policy implementation for a list monad?
> >
> > As I mentioned earlier, it's not a full monadic programming solution
> > by any stretch. Think of it as a value transporter with monadic
> > extensions, very similar to the Rust Monad.
> >
> ... You just claimed that:
>
> "It's a framework for creating bespoke
> future and monad types."

I'm not seeing what the problem is here. It is as I described.

> Also what's the rust monad you are referring to?

Search google for the Rust programming language and Option<T> and
Result<T>.

Monad's result<T> and option<T> are modelled exactly on Rust's.
Except mine are, in my opinion, much less clunky and annoying to use.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/