Subject: Re: [boost] [afio] Formal review of Boost.AFIO
From: Darren Cook (darren_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-31 05:27:59

> For me, the answer is "no". Otherwise, I'd invest further time in a
> proper review.

Same here.

> But if I want a fast, disk-based database, I'll use sqlite - which
> does a lot more for me - not go straight to the filesystem.

Or, something like Redis, because it is fast, established, and most
importantly is cluster-ready. (*)

(Given that Redis and most competitors are on BSD or Apache open source
licenses, it seems hard to justify anyone writing their own key-value
store.)

This library feels like it should be a github library, so that people
trying to optimize SQLite, Redis, etc. can dip into the useful knowledge
that is contained in it.

Darren

* If a high-end server running a key-value store can support N
transactions/second, I don't want to replace the key-value store with
one that can support 1.1N transactions/seconds, or even 2N
transactions/seconds. I want one that is easy to spread over 10
servers so I can support 10N transactions/second.