Subject: Re: [boost] boost.test regression or behavior change (was Re: Boost.lockfree)
From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-10-04 06:18:08

Paul A. Bristow <pbristow <at> hetp.u-net.com> writes:

> This is a major decision that requires discussion and agreement, and needs
prior announcement at
> least a year ahead.
>
> Springing a major change like this without any notice or
> announcement is just not acceptable.

We are not springing any major changes just yet. Nothing is in the master.
This appeared in develop partially because I forgot we need these
workarounds and partially because I do not have access to setup with c++03
anymore, so everything just worked for me.

Sooner rather than later we should have this discussion and setup timeline.
IMO it had very little sense to continue to maintain c++03 workarounds.
Boost code should be an example how modern c++ libraries should look like.
And c++03 compatibility is directly in a way of this goal.

Gennadiy