Subject: Re: [boost] boost.test regression or behavior change (was Re: Boost.lockfree)
From: Tim Blechmann (tim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-10-04 09:58:08

>> Are you saying that master worked in 1.59, but fails now? Raffi, did
>> we push
>> any changes to master past 1.59 already? I didn't think so
>
> Nothing has been pushed to master since 1.59. As I said, some errors are
> due to lockfree, some others to boost.test.

well, the bug for c++03 support of boost.lockfree was only present on
clang, while almost all tests on all platforms were failing ... so
something must have changed in master, as at one point the tests did
compile.

even if this was caused by a user bug, it must have been exposed by some
change to boost.test, which would most likely have been caught by
running the complete tests of boost before and after a merge from
develop to master. if the results are different, it might indicate a bug
(or user bug). if it shows a bug, please don't push the merge. if it
shows a user bug, please notify the corresponding library maintainers.

thnx,
tim
who never experienced this situation with any other testing framework,
while it's the second time for boost.test ...