Subject: Re: [boost] [Test] breaking changes in test invocation
From: Jürgen Hunold (jhunold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-10-05 13:02:12

Hi Gennadiy,

Am Montag, 5. Oktober 2015, 15:08:38 schrieb Gennadiy Rozental:
> Jürgen Hunold <jhunold <at> gmx.eu> writes:
> > -- is required before extra test module arguments
>
> See my post here:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/263485

Thanks, I missed that one. But iz should have been directed to the Boost.Build
mailing list as well. And it is not only Boost.Test which require changes,
there are several testers broken, e.g.

http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/output/teeks99-08m-win2012R2-32on64-boost-bin-v2-libs-circular_buffer-test-base_test-test-msvc-12-0-dbg-async-excpt-on-thrd-mlt.html

Adjusting each test Jamfile does just not scale, we need a more global
solution which requires changes to testing.jam itself.

And last but least: Why do you require argument separation at all? I'm missing
a rationale for this decision. (Or just overlooked it again...)

Yours,

Jürgen

--
* Dipl.-Math. Jürgen Hunold  !
* voice: ++49 4257 300       ! Fährstraße 1