Subject: Re: [boost] git reset and force push
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-10-07 11:46:51

On 07.10.2015 18:38, Raffi Enficiaud wrote:
> Le 07/10/15 17:35, Andrey Semashev a écrit :

>>> You're counting on the fact that things get updated fast, etc etc.
>>
>> I'm not. I don't use superproject references to commits.
>
> Sorry for asking this question again, but why? I do not see any added
> value in doing that, on the contrary I see only shortcomings.

As I said, I want my checked out copy of Boost to be ready for
development. That's what I use it for, right? I have no use in having a
particular revision checked out because if I want to test my code, I
want to test it against the actual state of Boost. If I want to modify
some code (mine or not) I want to be able to commit and not remember
whether I'm in a detached state or not.