Subject: Re: [boost] [nowide] Library Updates and Boost's broken UTF-8 codecvt facet
From: Artyom Beilis (artyomtnk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-10-08 05:52:03

> From: Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]>
> On 10/7/15 9:14 AM, Artyom Beilis wrote:
>>> From: Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]>
>>>
>>> This is a worthy undertaking. Consider putting it somewhere else other
>>> than "detail" directory/namespace. This should have been an officially
>>> supported boost component years and years ago. Also I'd like to see it
>>> look more like a boost library - tests, documentation ,etc.
>>

>> First of all I can add it as header only component to Boost.Locale
>> with its unit test as it would be a proper place - without any
>> review process (also code is partially based on boost-locale's one)
>
>Do this !

Ok... anybody what to comment besides Robert Ramey?

There is also small but significant difference, my UTF-8 <-> UTF-16/32
facets are template based and header only implementation.

Regarding the test - I have my own that the old facet obviously wouldn't pass.

>You'll have to give us some warning - maybe skip a release or maybe
>just use header re-direction.

It can't be simple redirection as it works in little bit different way.
I think just keeping old utf8 facet until all library maintainers
replace it - and it would likely take more than one release :-)

Artyom Beilis