Subject: Re: [boost] [nowide] Library Updates and Boost's broken UTF-8 codecvt facet
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-10-08 09:03:12

On 10/8/15 5:29 AM, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> I would prefer for any such replacement to be still part of
> boost/detail. Depending on boost.locale just
> to get one header seems not perfect.

I disagree with this. Putting into detail suggests that it's and
implementation detail - when it's more than that. We're not making our
libraries dependent on boost.locale - just this one header - just like
if we left it in detail.

This example illustrates the weakness of our concept of "dependency"
between libraries. I've maintained that our efforts to diminish
dependencies between libraries are based on fuzzy definition of what it
means for libraries to be dependent. Here is a case which illustrates
that. - Off topic I know - sorry.

Robert Ramey