Subject: [boost] [Build] Test file name conflicts
From: Louis Dionne (ldionne.2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-10-09 13:59:46

Hi,

While trying to create Jamfiles for Boost.Hana's unit tests, the following
situation came up. I have two unit tests in files

    foo/main.cpp
    bar/main.cpp

Then, my Jamfile.v2 contains the following:

    import testing ;

    test-suite xxx :
        [ run foo/main.cpp ]
        [ run bar/main.cpp ]
    ;

When I run `b2`, I get the following:

    error: No best alternative for ./main
        next alternative: required properties: (empty)
            matched
        next alternative: required properties: (empty)
            matched
    error: No best alternative for ./main
        next alternative: required properties: (empty)
            matched
        next alternative: required properties: (empty)
            matched

I think the problem is that Boost.Build tries to create two executables
named `main` in the same directory, which obviously causes a name conflict.
Is there any way to avoid this, besides renaming the test files?

Regards,
Louis