Subject: Re: [boost] [test] BOOST_PP_VARIADICS is defined twice
From: Raffi Enficiaud (raffi.enficiaud_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-10-16 05:53:52

Le 16/10/15 11:40, Andrey Semashev a écrit :
> On 16.10.2015 12:30, Raffi Enficiaud wrote:
>> [snip]
>>
>> So I will guard the enforcement of BOOST_PP_VARIADICS=1 in case this one
>> is already defined.
>
> You can't guarantee the order of inclusion of Boost.Test and Boost.PP
> headers. So, if I understand it right, by adding that check you
> essentially make the interface inconsistent. If you have the
> non-variadic implementation anyway, why do you want this inconsistency?

PPvariadic allows to use some of the features introduced on boost.test
v3 that eg. boost.log is not using. I can enforce the support of
PPvariadic for the compilers I know that support variadic, so that it
brings a subset of v3 for those compilers, without the user taking care
of that.

I will clarify that point in the doc, but I do not see much of
inconsistencies there:
- variadic already defined => up to the user (either inclusion order or
enforcement).
- variadic not defined => up to boost.test.v3

But again this concerns features that are in boost.test.v3 and not in
boost.test.v2.

The fix should be in develop once my runners are green (maybe half an hour).

Raffi