Subject: Re: [boost] [serialization] Test runners being stopped
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-10-16 11:15:07

On 10/15/15 6:54 PM, Tom Kent wrote:
> I think there is a bug in the serialization library that is breaking out of
> the test harness and causing window's error handling to kick in (when
> running on Windows, obviously). Usually when this happens the test runner
> application eventually (I believe) times out the test and marks it as
> failed. However, there are an incredible number of failures happening
> (since late last week) and they are bogging down the entire test run. Most
> of the runs I have attempted in the last week on windows have failed...the
> ones that have succeeded have taken ~12hrs up from the normal 3-4hrs.
>
> I was able to capture a stack trace of one of these random failures:
> msvcp140d.dll!00007ff9cfffb968() Unknown
> msvcp140d.dll!00007ff9cff73005() Unknown
>>
> test_list_ptrs_text_warchive.exe!std::basic_filebuf<wchar_t,std::char_traits<wchar_t>
>> ::_Endwrite() Line 649 C++
>
> test_list_ptrs_text_warchive.exe!std::basic_filebuf<wchar_t,std::char_traits<wchar_t>
>> ::close() Line 341 C++
>
> test_list_ptrs_text_warchive.exe!std::basic_filebuf<wchar_t,std::char_traits<wchar_t>
>> ::~basic_filebuf<wchar_t,std::char_traits<wchar_t> >() Line 155 C++
>
> test_list_ptrs_text_warchive.exe!std::basic_ofstream<wchar_t,std::char_traits<wchar_t>
>> ::~basic_ofstream<wchar_t,std::char_traits<wchar_t> >() Line 1068 C++
>
> test_list_ptrs_text_warchive.exe!std::basic_ofstream<wchar_t,std::char_traits<wchar_t>
>> ::`vbase destructor'() C++
> test_list_ptrs_text_warchive.exe!test_list() Line 65 C++
> test_list_ptrs_text_warchive.exe!test_main(int __formal, char * *
> __formal) Line 176 C++
> test_list_ptrs_text_warchive.exe!main(int argc, char * * argv) Line
> 203 C++
> [External Code]
>

> I'd be happy to help get to the bottom of this, if you can give me any more
> diagnostic steps to take. We need to resolve this ASAP because it is
> preventing the windows test runners from producing timely results and we
> have a release coming up.

I have been making changes in he serialization library recently - fixing
bugs. This turns out to be more difficult than first meets the eye. So
I'm a little bogged down on this. I did push some changes to develop,
things looked OK so I merged to master. I don't know if this is related
to the current issue.

As soon as I get my current issues resolved, I'll re-pull from master
and quadiple check that things work in my environments.
Unfortunately(?) that doesn't include windows.

Robert Ramey