Subject: Re: [boost] [iterator][range] Synchronization on 'master'
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-10-16 16:52:45

> The header boost/iterator.hpp is a convenience header but all it does is
> put std::iterator in the boost namespace. Ditto for
> boost/detail/iterator.hpp just putting std::iterator_traits and
> std::distance into the boost::detail namespace.
>
> I don't know the history of any of this. I am working with 'iterator' on
> sufferance <g> because it doesn't look like any maintainer is paying the
> slightest attention to it and it still remains a key Boost library which
> needs some maintenance. If Marcel Raad, or some other expert, would like
> to be the new official maintainer of 'iterator' I would be more than happy.

I understand all this. Seems to me that a mistake was made when these
headers got transformed into forwarding headers to the standard library.
  So I would recommend to the maintainer (whoever that might be) that he
change them back to what they were in order to be consistent with
commonly accepted boost practices.

Robert Ramey