Subject: [boost] [graph] dijkstra pull request ping
From: Piotr Wygocki (wygos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-10-20 10:24:33

Dear all, this mail concerns this pull request:

https://github.com/boostorg/graph/pull/13

which is currently over one year long. Maybe, the idea of the patch is
unclear or needs some additional discussion.

The patch solves the problem which arises when using no_init version on
dijkstra algorithm and passing a custom distance_map.
This algorithm is implemented as call to BFS, which is very unfortunate
since it is not BFS.
Maybe BFS could be seen as special case of dijkstra with custom priority
queue but not the other way around.
The current implementation introduces some inefficiencies, which are
described in the pull request's comment.

I've created very short and direct patch which makes the implementation
straight forward.
Additionally, the unit test is added to check mentioned efficiency gain.

Are there any additional questions concerning this pull request?
Could it be possibly be merged to master?
Maybe, we can use a favour of the community maintenance team.

Regards,

Piotr Wygocki