Subject: Re: [boost] [teeks99][test] Test failures on MSVC 8-11
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-11-02 16:53:23

On 2015-11-03 00:45, Raffi Enficiaud wrote:

> Ok, I lied: I just installed msvc-11 and tested: some lines in
> boost.test are failing:
>
> template<typename EnumType>
> using enum_values = unit_test::static_constant<
> nfp::typed_keyword<std::initializer_list<std::pair<const
> cstring,EnumType>>, struct enum_values_t>
> >;
>
> Those are scoped by
>
> #ifndef BOOST_NO_CXX11_AUTO_DECLARATIONS /.../
>
> but apparently this is not enough.

BOOST_NO_CXX11_AUTO_DECLARATIONS says that the compiler does not support
automatic variable type deduction:

   auto x = 10;

> Not sure which of the boost.config we
> should use there.

You're using a template alias. The BOOST_NO_CXX11_TEMPLATE_ALIASES macro
shows that the compiler lacks support for it, and it is defined for MSVC
versions older than 12.

Boost.Config macros for C++11 features are described here:

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_59_0/libs/config/doc/html/boost_config/boost_macro_reference.html#boost_config.boost_macro_reference.macros_that_describe_c__11_features_not_supported

> I am now adding MSVC-11 to our runners, and push a hot fix, and still
> wondering why those columns were green last wednesday.

Probably because the tests had not cycled by then?