Subject: Re: [boost] Boost and auto_ptr (was Boost 1.60.0 beta 1...)
From: Nevin Liber (nevin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-11-11 10:43:18

On 10 November 2015 at 20:17, Vladimir Batov <
Vladimir.Batov_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> \My concern was about the ease "deprecated and removed" appear together.
> For example, gets() was deprecated in C99. Removed in the C2011 standard.

How many revs of the C standard are there between deprecation of gets() and
removal? It is less than *one*, because gets() was not deprecated when C99
was first published.

It will have been two revs of the C++ standard between deprecation and
removal of auto_ptr, and it has been well known that auto_ptr was going to
be deprecated in C++0x years before that became C++11.

--
 Nevin ":-)" Liber  <mailto:nevin_at_[hidden]>  (847) 691-1404