Subject: Re: [boost] Seeking advice regarding inline namespaces
From: Louis Dionne (ldionne.2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-11-13 09:18:37

> On 13/11/2015 14:26, Louis Dionne wrote:
> > Ok, thanks a lot for the information. Keeping this in mind, I'll
> consider
> > whether the added complexity of versionning Hana's namespace seems to be
> > worth it (given the nature of Hana as a metaprogramming library).
>
> For pure compile-time constructs, probably not. Most of the benefit is
> in detecting incompatibilities within runtime types.

Well, it's a bit more subtle for Hana, because we can have both runtime and
compile-time sequences. For example, it could happen that one uses a
`hana::tuple` as a parameter of a function at an ABI boundary.

If I decide to change the layout of `hana::tuple`, which is highly plausible
for different reasons, I could break that client. I'll have to consider
this.

Regards,
Louis