Subject: [boost] [config] RFC PR 82
From: Domagoj Saric (dsaritz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-11-16 18:17:27

Hi everyone, I am finally getting back to (trying to) contributing some
of my personal projects to Boost.
For two of those, Err (https://github.com/psiha/err) and especially
Functonoid (a C++11 generalization and rewrite of my previous
Boost.Function related work) I need some lower level codegen and/or
optimiser control functionality (i.e. portable macros wrapping toolset
specific attributes and pragmas) that I've added to my personal fork of
Boost.Config and which I've now submitted in the subject PR
(https://github.com/boostorg/config/pull/82).

I don't expect this PR to be accepted as is/'just like that' so I'm
opening this thread where we can discuss which of those changes/macros
are welcome, which need more work and which, for some reason, should not
be part of Boost.Config (and which, in turn then, I have to move to some
'internal implementation headers' in libraries that will need them).

To avoid 'spamming' (and save time;) I'll skip the explanation of the
individual macros as I expect them to mostly be self-explanatory (if not
from their name then from the minimal Boost.Config documentation
additions that are part of th PR).

ps. I'll be on the (off) road for the next three weeks so I don't know
when I'll be able to respond until I get back...

--
"What Huxley teaches is that in the age of advanced technology,
spiritual devastation is more likely to come from an enemy with a