Subject: Re: [boost] thread_specific crashes the application when it is in a .so file
From: George Georgiev (george.georgiev.sf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-12-02 12:09:08

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 8:43 AM, Vicente J. Botet Escriba <
vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Le 02/12/2015 17:10, George Georgiev a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there a known issue about boost::thread_specific when a global
>> thread_specific object is in a .so file?
>>
> Three was a fix for https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/3926

Sorry, very tight deadlines. My project environment is very heavy - it is
not going to be easy to just drop new version of boost ... and creating
test in isolation will take time that I do not have - considering that I
have a workaround.

The pointed out issue seems different, because in my case there is no
unloading of the library, steps are:
1. run the process
2. create a thread
3. load a library - with thread specific ptr
4. access the pointer - crash