Subject: Re: [boost] [asio] Any interest in a boost::asio::mockup_serial_port ?
From: Bjorn Reese (breese_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-12-06 07:24:07

On 12/06/2015 04:38 AM, Damien Buhl wrote:

> I wanted to know if there was any interest for a
> mockup_serial_port_service, so that one might write cross platform
> unit-tests of code based on serial_port.

I am interested. While I do not use serial ports, I like your approach
of using mock services. This approach can AFAICS be extended to sockets
as well.

> Hopefully there is interest for this mockup_serial_port, and if so I'll
> cleanup the code some more and make a pull-request to Boost.Asio.

I could be wrong, but I do not believe that the Boost.Asio author reads
this mailing-list (or even the dedicated Asio mailing-list), so you may
want to gauge his interest by writing directly to him (or by creating a
github issue.)