Subject: [boost] [qvm] Review announcement
From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-12-08 10:42:06

Adam Wulkiewicz wrote:
> The formal review of Emil Dotchevski's QVM library begins
> today on 7th Dec and ends on 16th Dec.

Adam sent this announcement email to the boost@, boost-users@
and boost-announce_at_[hidden] lists. Which seems OK,
except that as I have previously noted the gmane.org website
seems to get confused by such messages; this announcement
will have appeared on only the announce page at gmane.org
and any followups that are sent to e.g. the boost@ list will
not be displayed by gmane at all.

You might argue that this is a gmane.org bug, and that is
true, but on the other hand we do want everyone who might be
interested to know about the review, and a quick look at
email headers will show that many do use the gmane.org web
interface to read these lists.

I've previously suggested that whatever "how to be a review
manager" documentation that exists should advise that
announcements should be posted separately to each list.
Perhaps no such documentation exists!

(I'll post some comments about the actual proposal soon.)

Regards, Phil.