Subject: Re: [boost] a safe integer library
From: Damian Vicino (damian.vicino_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-12-10 15:08:02

> What happens with floating point types? Can values overflow to infinity or is this trapped? How about divide by zero or indeed zero/zero (NaN)? What about underflow?

Hi John,
I started working on a library for having “safe-float” implementation during the last GSOC.
It is still WIP.

If you want to take a look at it.
I coded 2 different approaches.
First one, I think more naive here:
— Documentation: http://sdavtaker.github.io/safefloat/doc/html/index.html <http://sdavtaker.github.io/safefloat/doc/html/index.html>
— Code: https://github.com/sdavtaker/safefloat <https://github.com/sdavtaker/safefloat>

And then a second one, I believe better approach here:
— Code: https://github.com/sdavtaker/safe_numerics/tree/safe_float/ <https://github.com/sdavtaker/safe_numerics/tree/safe_float/>
— Doc included in the tree.

Any feedback on it will help a lot in deciding how to keep going.

If you interested in more details, I can expand further, I have also some documentation that is not available in the web yet.

Best regards,
Damian