Subject: Re: [boost] a safe integer library
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-12-11 15:49:59

On 12/10/15 3:07 PM, Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:

> minor comments:

> * I see that boost::numeric::safe and std::safe differ on the template
> parameters.

I'm not seeing this. The boost type signature includes two optional
type parameters. So the template signature (excepting namespace) is
identical between the std and boost versions.

I see why the standard version is not configurable and just
> throws. However, I don't see why this doesn't applies to the proposal
> for Boost.

> What is not good for the standard can be good for Boost?

I think I answered this. The standard version is subset of the Boost
version. The are compatible - but the boost version has additional
functionality which is more cumbersome to implement and requires more
investment of effort on the part of the user to understand. std
is a subset of the boost one.

Robert Ramey