Subject: [boost] Becoming Maintainer of the Iterator Library
From: Nathan Wilson (nwilson20_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-12-17 17:28:20

Hi all,

There was talk on the mailing list a few months back, and was apparently
discussed at CppCon in September, about becoming a Library Maintainer. This
was pertaining to Libraries which are either being maintained by the CMT,
or as Edward Diener mentioned, Libraries which aren't in the CMT's hands
but the current maintainer(s) don't have time to devote to maintaining the
particular library.

That said, after having discussed it with a few people outside the mailing
list, I would like to volunteer to become a Maintainer of Boost's Iterator
Library. I have not been active on Boost's mailing list, but have
participated in the C++ Standardization Process with the paper Delimited
Iterators (http://open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2014/n4257.html)
which will be in the Library Technical Specification 2. I have also
submitted/committed some Patches in Clang as well. I just wanted to mention
those couple of things as a point of reference so this didn't seem entirely
random. Anyway, I'd be really excited to help contribute and help Boost by
becoming a Maintainer of the Iterator Library.

I do have some concern about compiling on various versions of Windows/OSX
though. I have a Windows 8.1 machine and could obviously use Visual Studio,
but I'm not too sure about verification of older Windows/OSX versions. On
Linux I can certainly create VMs for various distros. If anyone has some
best practices or advice about handling different OS distros/versions, that
would be great.

Please let me know if there are any questions.

Thank you,
Nathan