Subject: [boost] [gsoc16] Re: How to start Contributing !
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-01-03 15:40:23

On 3 Jan 2016 at 22:26, Yuvraj Singh wrote:

> I am new to boost C++ libraries. I want to contribute to org and
> Participate in GSOC'2016 can someone please guide me through it.
> I have looked through the page https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2016
> . Can someone please help me about *C++ programming aptitude test *mentioned
> on the page. How and when it is organised and what type of questions are
> asked ?.

The programming aptitude test is down to each potential mentor to set
for a particular topic area. Last year's GSoC page
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2015 has some examples of
the programming aptitude tests from last year.

Right now should be trying to approach potential mentors. To quote
from the SoC2016 page:

"Students should review the list of ideas from previous GSoCs and the
archives of the Boost developer's mailing list relating to GSoC. They
should write a well researched message to that developer's mailing
list seeking a mentor, and be as flexible as possible in finding a
topic that both they and the mentor is interested in upon which to
base a GSoC project proposal text to be submitted to Google. That
project proposal should follow this submission template.

Mentors may add project ideas with programming competency tests below
as GSoC approaches. These may prove useful in starting a discussion
with potential mentor(s) *whom the student should approach
directly*."

Best of luck in your search!

Niall

---
Boost C++ Libraries Google Summer of Code 2016 admin
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2016