Subject: Re: [boost] ATTENTION: Library requirements..
From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-01-10 01:23:34

On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 1:10 AM, Robert Ramey wrote:
> Many libraries do not "integrate with the "global Boost documentation"

Someone suggested:
"one boost library should be selected as the golden or canonical
example so that it can be used as an example for others to follow"

I would think that a library that integrates with the global Boost
documentation is desirable as that example.

> I'm aware that doing so is redundant. BUT it provides anyone who
> want's to browse boost just to do so directly, without building
> anything. For example, anyone can just start browsing the repo
> master branch without doing downloading or building anything. This
> is huge for new users of boost. The extra space used seems
> a small price to pay for this benefit.

There are other ways of providing that, as people have suggested in
this thread. e.g. A separate branch (such as gh-pages) that doesn't
pollute the master/develop branches commit history with generation
outputs.

Glen