Subject: Re: [boost] [regression] Regression tests for 'develop' has error
From: Louis Dionne (ldionne.2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-01-13 11:53:06

Steven Watanabe <watanabesj <at> gmail.com> writes:

> AMDG
>
> On 01/11/2016 12:04 PM, Louis Dionne wrote:
> >
> > Hana has a huge number of tests, and the output could be gigantic when
> > compile-time errors happen due to compiler spew. Hana is not supposed to
> > compile on most compilers in the test matrix; would it be possible to
> > somehow mark failures on these compilers as expected, or to skip running
> > the tests altogether? Would that help in any way?
> >

> You can mark a compiler as unsupported in
> status/expected-failures-markup.xml. The
> tests will still be run but won't be included
> in the report.
>
> In Christ,
> Steven Watanabe

Thanks, I just created a PR to add this [1].
I decided against using predef-check for now, because it might be
useful to still run the tests and see what's failing on new compilers.

Plus, compilers that are known to be unsupported should fail rather
fast because of Hana's <config.hpp> header, so the amount of compiler
output should be manageable.

Thanks,
Louis

[1]: https://github.com/boostorg/boost/pull/111