Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc16] Can I quickly check if the below really is the best approach?
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-01-15 09:27:17

On 15 Jan 2016 at 0:46, Louis Dionne wrote:

> > [1]: I believe Boost.Hana could implement a static constan
> > associative map quite easily, but I'd be fairly sure Hana will likely
> > be beyond most students.
>
> Only if the keys are known at compile-time. Otherwise, it's out of Hanaland.
>
> Anyway, here's an attempt to implement such a map:
>
> https://gist.github.com/ldionne/f7ff609f00dc7025a213
>
> I don't know if it's worthwhile, but it's there. Don't hesitate to let me
> know what you think.

Yep, you've pretty much got the bones of the completed GSoC idea
there Louis, and interesting how there is no Hana in there. I like
how it only took you a few hours rather than a summer!

If only GSoC students like you came along every year ... my word
would we make some amazing progress in Boost libraries. Anyway, I
still reckon if a student completes in a summer what took you a few
hours (much of the summer will go on writing tests and docs of
course) then I would be very pleased with that student. You were and
still are very unusual Louis.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting