Subject: [boost] Query regarding time complexity requirements of iterators in custom container
From: Soul Studios (matt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-01-22 16:50:56

Hi there-
currently working on Colony,
last version I'm working on has achieved constant-time(amortised)
time-complexity for iterator operations, except for the random-access
operators (+, -, +=, -=, [], >, <, >=, <=). It's not possible to make
these constant-time due to the nature of the algorithms and structure of
container.
Ion pointed out to me that there is an obscure C++ requirement for
iterators that all operations be constant-time.
Given this, is it worth keeping these in Colony before submitting to
Boost, or would it be best to remove them and make the iterator
bidirectional-only prior?
Cheers,
Matt