Subject: Re: [boost] [MSM] Is there any interest in C++14 Boost.MSM-eUML like library which compiles up to 60x quicker whilst being a slightly faster too?
From: Krzysztof Jusiak (krzysztof_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-01-29 05:57:16

> I would be interest just because of these 2 points.
> I see a lot of opportunities to use such library but most of the time I
> can't afford
> to use Boost.MSM because of the implied compile-time cost.

Thanks for your feedback and yea, Boost.MSM is great; eUML is even better,
but it was written some time ago, before C++11.
It still uses Boost.MPL and Boost.Fusion which are pretty slow to compile
in comparison to
what can be achieved nowadays. On top of that, right now we have a lambda
expressions which were
emulated in eUML using Boost.Phoenix. All in all, C++11/14 give as a lot of
opportunities
to improve the situation and Boost.MSM-lite is just a small example how
much more user-friendly C++ might be
as well as how much faster the code might be compiled without loosing any
performance.