Subject: [boost] [filesystem] temp_directory_path and Android devices (repost)
From: doodad-js Admin (doodadjs_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-02-11 20:37:17

(sorry for the repost, but someone told me that I should include
"filesystem" in the subject)

Hi,

I have read the specs
(http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_60_0/libs/filesystem/doc/reference.html#tem
p_directory_path) and found the following issues with Android devices:

- It should first try to get the application's cache directory from
the API level 1 "getCacheDir" so that temporary files created by the
application can be easily and automatically removed.

- The function fails back to the hard coded value
"/data/local/tmp". But I think it should use the environment variable
"ANDROID_DATA" when available and append "/local/tmp" to it.

- The "/data/local/tmp" folder is denied access on my Android
device. I don't have any other suggestion than the application's cache
folder like I first mentioned.

I'm not a core developer and the information provided on this email maybe
erroneous or incomplete. My apologies if I'm entirely wrong.

Thanks,

Claude Petit