Subject: Re: [boost] [Fit] Purpose and Use Cases
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-02-16 19:56:23

On 2/16/16 4:39 PM, Paul Fultz II wrote:
>> It isn't clear to me from the documentation what are the real world use
> cases?
>
> Well, I go over some simple use cases in quick start guide, maybe its not
> entirely clear. As the Fit library is a collection of generic utilities
> related to functions, there is many useful cases with the library, but a key
> point of many of these utilities is that they can solve these problems with
> much simpler constructs than whats traditionally been done with
> metaprogramming.
>
> Initialization
<snip>

Looks like you invested a lot of effort into the answer. I'm wonderin
if the return on your investment wouldn't have been better had you
enhanced the documentation with it then just responded with a pointer to
the new documentation.

My personal view is that the main obstacle to many libraries passing
review is that the sparse documentation makes them hard to understand
and review.

Robert Ramey