Subject: Re: [boost] El Capitan issues (Was: [1.61] Two weeks remaining for new libraries and breaking changes)
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-02-17 03:55:36

On 2016-02-17 11:25, Robert Ramey wrote:
> On 2/16/16 11:30 PM, Andrey Semashev wrote:
>>
>> In general, I want my develop code to be tested against develop of other
>> libraries to be able to detect failures before they get released.
>
> When something in your library fails, how do you know whether it's in
> your library or some other library you depend upon?

I look into the problem, provided I have time.

> It can take a huge
> amount of time to find an error in another library.

Most of the time I can pinpoint the source of the problem fairly quickly
(a few minutes of inspecting the error message and the source code is
usually enough). That's not always the case, I'll give you that. But on
the flip side errors get detected quickier, and I'm also often able to
prepare a PR to fix the problem, so often the fix is also applied quickier.

>> I wouldn't mind to have _additional_ testing against master of all other
>> libraries.
>
> This is currently easy to do on your own system.

I know. I just don't bother doing that because that's inconvenient for
my workflow.