Subject: [boost] GSoC Project Proposal - Boost Document Library Extensions
From: Anurag Ghosh (ghoshanurag1995_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-02-22 21:32:40

Hello everyone!

I wished to propose continue working on the Boost Document Library as a
part of the Google Summer of Code 2016, and would like to work on the
following things this summer on the library which was started last summer -

1. Integrating Basic Chart Support.
2. Writing comparators for the cells. (Cells are heterogeneous in nature,
similar to Boost.Variant)
3. Making cell class have the behavior of a reference to the document's
cell.
4. Basic formatting options for cell contents.

Kindly make appropriate suggestions to my proposal. The aim of the proposal
is to make it a Boost-Ready library.

I would remind everyone that the library in its current state has basic
spreadsheet functionality like opening, closing and exporting documents,
sheet operations and cell,row,column (iterators) operations for Linux and
Windows through wrappers over LibreOffice and Microsoft Office API's. (
https://github.com/BoostGSoC15/boost-document) I have been inactive for
sometime, but I hope to improve test coverage before March and fix some
other issues.

Thanks

Anurag Ghosh
researchweb.iiit.ac.in/~anurag.ghosh