Subject: Re: [boost] [doc] Liven up Boost Documentation with Java Script?
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-02-24 10:24:51

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 5:50 PM, Krzysztof Jusiak <krzysztof_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Nevertheless, I would like to know what the Boost community thinks about
> having following
> features in the documentation...
>
> * Run the code online (allows to check library with one click)

I imagine this could be useful to some. But frankly, I'd unlikely to
use this feature myself.

> * Comments (allows commenting on the documentation)
> * Chats (allows discussing issues and solutions)

There's been a discussion about comments, but unfortunately I can't
find a link now. AFAIR, the main concerns were dealing with spam,
usefulness of the comments and terms of the service that provides the
support for comments (license, traffic injection, etc.)

IMO, comments and let alone chats are inappropriate for documentation,
detrimental even. I wouldn't want these to be enabled for my docs.