Subject: Re: [boost] [doc] Liven up Boost Documentation with Java Script?
From: Paul Fultz II (pfultz2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-02-26 09:38:38

On Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 4:10:38 PM UTC-6, Robert Ramey wrote:

> On 2/24/16 11:59 AM, Paul Fultz II wrote:
>
> >> My point is that there are two ways to go:
> >>
> >> a) convince boost library developers to create a whole new markup for
> >> their documentation so they can test/use your proposed infrastructure
> >> add commenting to their documentation.
> >>
> >> b) make a small optional add-on to boost book using xslt which would
> >> work with the markup they already have.
> >>
> >> Now step back and consider which of the two strategies is more likely
> >> result in convincing boost library authors to experiment with including
> >> commenting with their documentation?
> >>

> > I am not proposing using some new markup nor I am not proposing that all
> > boost
> > libraries jump ship to mkdocs either.
>
> Then exactly what ARE you proposing?

I am proposing to use mkdocs to generate the documentation, but by no means
am
I proposing that ever boost library switch over to mkdocs. If other
developers
prefer quickbooks than thats great.

> > There should be plenty of room for
> > more documentation tools for boost libraries.
>
> More tools in order to ... what exactly.
>
> The demos are pretty cool - but what are you trying to
> convince the rest of us to do?

For me, consume the documentation. However, Krzysztofmay who has started
this
thread is proposing something much larger.