Subject: Re: [boost] [config] config.requires and simple_run
From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-02-27 14:14:36

> Did you try unit-test? It's essentially
> a simplified version of run, that follows
> all the usual Boost.Build conventions.
No, and as far as I can tell it works OK - tentatively committed to develop.

> The only reliable way to deal with cross compilers
> that I know of is to use only compile+link tests.
> Are there any known cases where these tests link
> but fail at runtime (other than a misconfigured
> environment)?

Yes, |BOOST_NO_COMPLETE_VALUE_INITIALIZATION springs to mind, but I'm
sure there are others (||BOOST_NO_CXX11_HDR_REGEX is another as GCC had
a signature-correct, but non-functional <regex> for a while). I would
have to check the test cases to be sure.

John.