Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-users] [Fit] upcoming formal review for Boost.Fit
From: Matt Calabrese (rivorus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-02-28 19:11:34

On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 8:16 AM, Vicente J. Botet Escriba <
vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Dear Boost community,
>
> The formal review of Paul Fultz II's Fit library starts on Wednesday, 2nd March and ends on 13th March.

I'm looking through the documentation right now and it looks great, though
I have not used the library yet. Some suggestions -- I think the docs
really need a more formal motivation/tutorial section at the very front. It
starts with *what* the library is in very general terms, and jumps quickly
into what the library can do, but I think a bit of a narrative describing a
motivating example would help sell it to those who are not already more
familiar with the *why*. This is done a little bit, scattered throughout
the docs, but I find that the best docs usually tell something of a story.
This is just a request.

I suggest not using the name FunctionObject for something that is only
callable with a const object. This is a little more specific that what most
people refer to as a function object in C++ and may cause confusion.

I'm fairly certain that the reinterpret casting involved with
BOOST_FIT_STATIC_LAMBDA is UB.

--
-Matt Calabrese